Search This Blog

Saturday, August 6, 2011

Life is Always About Taking Chances.

About a year ago I was forced to take stock in my life.  I am a partner in a small Interior Design firm (Merchandising Masters Interiors) here in Houston that specializes in model home merchandising. With the downturn in the housing industry, our business had come to a screeching halt and I was really starting to feel the pain financially.  I'd also just become an empty-nester and didn't realize it at the time, but was very sad & depressed to not have my kids at home anymore.  To put it bluntly, I was stressed out, in a rut and not a very happy person.  I'd always been thin and never really had to worry about my weight.  Now I was at least 20-30 pounds overweight and even though I really tried, I just couldn't stop eating foods that I knew I shouldn't be eating.

One day while on Facebook I happened upon a product called Xyng.  It promised to give me tons of energy & focus and to also curb my appetite.  I messaged my friend Jennifer and got a free sample, figuring I really had nothing to lose.

I loved the Xyng and immediately purchased a 30 day supply.  Within about 3 weeks I lost almost 8 pounds, and was very intrigued with the product as well as the company, Xyngular.  When I did some research and found out that Xyngular was a MLM (multi level marketing) company I was actually kind of disappointed.  I, like so many other people I know had the misconception that all MLMs are scams.  I talked to Jennifer about the business opportunity and she assured me that this company was different.  They just happened to be having there first annual Xyngfest conference in La Jolla California in July.   I like to say that I went to La Jolla on a "Xyng & a prayer" because I really had no idea what to expect, but I went to check out the company and see for myself if it would be a viable business opportunity.

I arrived and was immediately impressed by the caliber of people that I met.  I was equally impressed by the leadership of the company.  Mark Walker, Marc Schenkel & Glen Oliver all came across as savvy, yet genuine people motivated and inspired by making sure that every person in the company was given the proper tools & support to become successful.

Since I'd never done any kind of network marketing or multi-level marketing before, I was kind of overwhelmed and trying to understand the lingo.  Things like PV and GV and all the ins and outs of the compensation plan swirled in my head as I furiously wrote down every word that was said.  When they started talking about a new incentive program called "The Passport Program" a huge smile came across my face.  Bottom line, as a distributor, not only do you get paid daily but you also have the opportunity to earn FREE trips to places like Sundance Utah, Dubai & Bora Bora!  Now this I understood!!

To make a long story short, after that weekend I decided to throw caution to the wind and become a Xyngular distributor.  Since last July, I've ascended the ranks in Xyngular and am now a Platinum Manager.  I just received a $500 cash bonus on stage at our second annual Xyngfest convention in Las Vegas.  In September the company will pay for  me & a guest to take an all expense paid trip to Sundance Utah.  I've made so many incredible friends along the way, and had the opportunity to help so many people lose weight & change their lives.  I'm my own boss and I am so excited about the future of this company.  I feel like I stumbled upon a gold mine and I plan on taking advantage of every opportunity it has to offer.  I am empowered to make the best of each and every day.

Platinum Manager - Receiving my $500 cash bonus on stage in Las Vegas.
http://shapeupwithsusan.com
I've also lost 35 pounds and kept them off, went from a size 12 to a size 2 and have a renewed sense of confidence and purpose.  I wake up every day excited to see who I can help and thankful that I Xyngular came into my life when it did.  My children say that they're glad to have the old mom back, and you know what?  I'm glad she's back too.

No comments:

Post a Comment